Mother v Daughter – Topic: Make-Up

Second post of the day!


I buy make-up, but I rarely wear the stuff. And it drives my mum MAD. There’s rarely a week that goes by without us engaging in the “make-up debate”. Not a debate so much, rather my mum telling me that I am a woman and therefore should wear make-up. That’s her stance – end of! My response? “Yes mum” and then be on my way, or if I have energy to give a proper response, I argue that my two younger sisters wear make-up and that should be enough for her!



It’s weird because when I was a lot younger I used to enjoy my mum putting make up me, especially red lipstick…..I think my aversion to make-up started in secondary school. I went to an all-girls school – when we started in year 7 most of us were fresh faced girls, but as time went on those fresh faces became clogged with layers of foundation and mascara. It was not a good look – just an animated mask. There was nothing natural about the “natural look” they were trying to beg in order to avoid detection by the teachers. I didn’t want to be one of those girls obsessed with her looks. I was a good girl – I focused on my studies ^_^

If I’m honest, I’m lazy when it comes to make-up; it hasn’t been a priority to me. I wear make-up when I actually remember to wear it – this includes nights out as well. My make-up collection, until recently has been limited to eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lip-gloss – very rarely on my face at the same time!

One of my goals for this year was to make a bit more of an effort with wearing make-up; from remembering to whack on a bit of mascara during the working week to actually wearing proper make-up for the upcoming weddings that I will be attending this year! I’ve slowly trained myself that it’s ok to wear make-up as an enhancer and not a mask.

Make-up is just one of the few things me and my mum “debate” over – basically my lack of femininity has been an issue over the last few years. But more on that later……

In the meantime, my sparsely used make-up collection grows:


Sleek “Oh So Special” Eyeshadow Palette





I bought this about 2/3 weeks ago; I was with one of my sisters in Superdrug and I was seduced by the practicality of having a varied eyeshadow palette, the high probability of using at least 3 of the 12 eyeshadows and the very reasonable price of about £7.




My favourites from the palette are “Organza” and “Gift Basket”, which have already been used a couple of times – basically I really like the shimmer in the shadow and it’s not too “out there” for me. I have already decided that when it comes to make-up I’m definitely for the natural/subtle look!

Left to Right
Gateau, Organza, Gift Basket

Left to Right
Wrapped Up, Celebrate, Glitz

More make-up adventures to follow hopefully!

7 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the comment:) London was great! i love to shop and eat there, amazing:) london people are so friendly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am not that fussy over makeup but I'm trying to embrace it more, good luck :) chev

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!

    http://www.thechicclassmate.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way! I rarely ever wear make-up...very much due to laziness =P. But at the same time, I LOVE make-up, and I love buying it!! Haha.
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. You have a wonderful blog, and I've followed you! I hope you'll follow me back =).

    http://www.thelittledandy.com/

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. the make up box looks really perfect!

    X the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sleek palette is a good start

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great palette!
    Even better colors!
    Love the blog, new follower!
    I need this makeup...

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a comment; I will endeavour to check out your blog as well x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.